Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ'S)
Can´t find the answer you are looking for? We've shared some of our most frequently asked questions to help you out!
CAN I USE THE ACTIVATOR WHILE SLEEPING?
The Up-Locker Vacuum Activator should NOT be used while sleeping. It includes small parts that could represent a choking hazard.
CAN CHILDREN USE THE UP-LOCKER VACUUM ACTIVATOR?
Yes, always supervised by an adult. Never leave a child unattended with (or close to) a Up-Locker Vacuum Activator. It contains small parts that are a choking hazard.
CAN ADULTS USE THE UP-LOCKER VACUUM ACTIVATOR?
WHAT IS THE UP-LOCKER VACUUM ACTIVATOR USED FOR?
• Interferences of the orofacial system’s rest position.
• Habitual mouth breathing.
• Oral habits (e.g. open mouth posture, lip biting, sucking).
• Primary snoring without structural problems.
• Sports improvement – increase respiratory efficiency
ARE THERE DIFFERENT SIZES FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN?
No, the Up-Locker Vacuum Activator comes in only one size, but the intraoral piece can be cut to the desired size.
CAN I USE THE UP-LOCKER VACUUM ACTIVATOR TO TREAT SNORING, MOUTH BREATHING, SLEEP APNEA OR ANY OTHER ILLNESS?
The Up-Locker Vacuum Activator is a device created to promote nasal breathing and correct resting oral posture. It is not intended to treat sleep apnea or any other illness. Using the Up-Locker Vacuum Activator allows the user to maintain negative pressure with a feedback system that works as a visual aid to know if the tongue is placed in the correct position for nasal breathing.
ARE THERE ANY CONTRAINDICATIONS TO THE UP-LOCKER VACUUM ACTIVATOR?
Yes. Neurologic, pediatric and psychiatric disorders and any other situations where proper application is not possible.
HOW DO I CLEAN THE UP-LOCKER VACUUM ACTIVATOR?
• Bacteria can build up on the Up-Locker Vacuum Activator, therefore you should clean both your teeth and the Up-Locker Vacuum Activator thoroughly before and after each use.
• Clean your Up-Locker Vacuum Activator using a soap and a soft-bristled brush.
• It is important that your Up-Locker Vacuum Activator is properly stored away in its case when you are not wearing it. When left in the open air, it is exposed to more buildup of bacteria, and it can brake (individual parts like funnel are fragile).
• Store in a dry, cool and dust-free place.
CAN I SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH DR. SANDRA KAHN ABOUT THE USE OF THE UP-LOCKER VACUUM ACTIVATOR?
Yes, you can schedule an online consultation directly from our store
IS THERE A DISCOUNT PRICE FOR DOCTORS?
There are special prices for “BUNDLE” purchases. For more info please contact us: email@example.com
IS THERE A COURSE ON THE USE OF PRODUCTS?
We have several scientific articles, books and online courses that are available at our store